Each year, there should be more wildlife & more wild places, and people should become closer to nature.
The Wildlife Trusts believe that people are part of nature; everything we value ultimately comes from it and everything we do impacts upon it.
We believe that...
- A healthy, wildlife-rich nature world is valuable in its own right and is also the foundation of our wellbeing and prosperity; we depend on it and it depends on us.
- Everyone deserves to live in a healthy, wildlife-rich natural world, and will feel better for it.
- Everyone should have the opportunity to experience the joy of wildlife and wild places in their daily lives.
- Working together, people can change the natural world for the better, and improve our relationship with it; everyone has a part to play.
- People taking action in the places that are closest to them are a powerful force for change.
- We will achieve more by evaluating what we do, demonstrating what works, sharing insights and expertise, and learning from others.