Photography is one of the many ways you can get out and embrace the wilderness. Whether it’s capturing interesting animal behaviours, breath-taking wildlife habitats or the integration of people and nature - soaking up wildlife through the lens is a truly great way to connect ourselves more with nature.
•Have some great wildlife photos? Why not submit them to a wildlife photography competition? There are plenty to choose from:
The British Wildlife Photography Awards (BWPA)
• Animal Portraits
• Animal Behaviour
• Urban Wildlife
• Hidden Britain
• Coast and Marine
• Wild Woods
• Botanical Britain
• Close to Nature
• British Nature in Black and White
• British Seasons
• Documentary series
• WildPix (12 and under)
• WildPix (12 -18 years)Schools Category
• Cash prize £5,000
• Included in a touring exhibition across the UK and a stunning coffee table book, published by AA Publishing.
• Each adult category winner will win a Canon EOS M5, Canon's flagship mirrorless camera with 15-45mm lens.
• The winner of the Wildlife in HD Video category will win a Canon XA-30 Professional Camcorder
• Plus more!
Somerset Photo Competition
• Somerset plants, animals, insects, landscapes and coastlines
• Featured in Somerset's 2017 Wildlife Trust's 'Wild Somerset' calendar.
The North East Wildlife Photography Competition 2016
Northumberland Wildlife Trust, Durham Wildlife Trust & Tees Valley Wildlife Trust.
15th May 2017
• Wildlife Portraits
• Wildlife in Action
• Wildlife in the Landscape
• Nature Up Close
• Mobile Nature
• Young Person’s
•Overall winner will receive a cheque for £250
• Prizes for runner-up and highly commended images in each category
• All of the winning images will be displayed at the Great North Museum: Hancock during the summer of 2016 and then on tour around the region.
Pat Dolbear Photographic Award for Young People
• Age 18 and under
• Cash prize
Photography Competition 2015-16
• Yorkshire's Wild Places
• Yorkshire's Wildlife
• Wildlife Watch (under 15's, photo to be taken in Yorkshire)
• Smartphone (Yorkshire or Yorkshire wildlife images only)
• To be announced soon.
Photography competition - 2016
How to Enter:
• Images should be taken in landscape orientation and submitted via the form on this page. It is important to include your name in the image file title so we can ensure that all images can be correctly credited.
• This competition is a celebration of our local wildlife so images should have been taken within Hampshire or on the Island or should represent native species, scenes and habitats, or species naturally migrant to the area.
• You can enter up to three images per entry form, however there is no maximum amount of times you can enter the competition
• Winning 12 images will be features in the 2017 calendar.
2016 Photographic Competition
• Cotswold Landscapes
• Close-up Wildlife• Cotswold Wildlife
• The Urban Jungle
• New for 2016 Schools Category• Juniors (under 16s)
• Winners will feature in Cotswold Life magazine and in the Cotswold Life Calendar 2017
• The overall winner will also win a weekend stay in a luxurious Cotswold Country House Hotel and as part of the stay will have the opportunity of a personalised workshop with top wildlife photographer Iain Green (Wild Wonder Photography)
2018 Calendar Competition
• Photos of Staffordshire's wonderful wildlife and landscapes
• The 12 best entries will feature in our 2017 calendar and winners will receive one free copy
Wildlife Photography Competition
• My Wild Life: people in their favourite spots
• Wild Places: beautiful scenery
• Wildlife: magnificent animals
•Mobile phone images
• Overall winner will get a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4HEB-K Compact System Camera worth over £1000 and access to ProHides: Elliott Neep’s professional wildlife photography hides.
• Category winners will each receive a Panasonic Lumix FZ200 Bridge Camera worth over £200 and a printed copy of their winning image.
• All winning photos will be displayed at the Wild Fair on 4th June at the Oxford Museum of Natural History.
Wildlife Photography Competition 2016
- Young photographer – Under 12 years old
- Young photographer – 12-18 years old
- Simply Suffolk
- Strictly Come Wildlife
- Eastern Angles
- Pin Up
- Out-of-sight Suffolk
- On the doorstep
- Winner of the public vote will win a mini break holiday.
- Winner of the judges' vote will winn £500.